Junior Training Camp – April 2023
Apr 8-9 | United States
JETSURF USA, the official distributor of the world’s fastest motorized surfboards, is looking for 10 lucky individuals to join the JETSURF USA Junior Racing Team and compete in the upcoming season of the MotoSurf Games.
Who is allowed to apply to become a sponsored athlete?
Boys and girls in the age between 10 and 15 years old with proven watersports background that have never been racing the JETSURF boards before.
How to apply to become a sponsored athlete?
- Submit your application by April 5th, 2023 HERE
- 20 top applicants will be chosen to participate in the Junior training camp on April 8th, 2023 and in the Pre-season fun race on April 9th, 2023
- After the Pre-season race, the top 10 athletes will be chosen by the JETSURF USA team couch to participate in the 2023 MotoSurf Games series
What’s covered by JETSURF USA in the sponsorship package?
- full-day admission to Junior training camp in Orlando on April 8th, 2023
- 3 admissions for a training session on the Motosurf race track in Orlando
- race entry fee to Pre-season fun race n Orlando on April 9th
- rental of the JETSURF motorized surfboard for the Motosurf Games races in Florida
- rental of the JETSURF helmet and lifejacket for the Motosurf Games races in Florida
- maintenance of the JETSURF boards in between the races
- race entry fees for all the Motosurf Games races in Florida
- your own racing jersey
- coaching from one of the world’s TOP10 JETSURFers
What’s not included in the sponsorship package:
- travel expenses to the race venues and back
- lodging expenses at the race venues
- personal watersports insurance
What are the key dates and venues in the 2023 season?
- Junior training camp at Clermont Watersports Complex in Orlando, FL on April 8th, 2023
- Pre-season fun race at Clermont Watersports Complex in Orlando, FL on April 9th, 2023
- MotoSurf Games race Round 1 in Keystone Heights, FL on April 21-23, 2023
- MotoSurf Games race Round 2 in Lake City, FL on July, 21-23, 2023 (TO BE CONFIRMED)
- MotoSurf Games race Round 3 in Sebring, FL on September 1-3, 2023
- MotoSurf Games race Round 4 in Markham park, FL in October/ November 2023 (TO BE CONFIRMED)
What does the JETSURF Junior Training Camp look like?
Organized by JETSURF USA, and hosted by JETSURF Academy Orlando, the JETSURF Junior Training Camp is a full-day event taking place at Clermont Watersports Complex on April 8th, 2023.
20 young athletes will be given the opportunity to learn to ride the JETSURF – motorized surfboards under the supervision and coaching of Matthew Surkos – one of the world’s TOP 10 JETSURF racers, and his team.
The athletes will be provided with the JETSURF boards from JETSURF USA. During the morning, under the supervision of multiple couches, they will learn to ride the boards. In the afternoon, there will be practice sessions between the buoys on the racetrack, with feedback from the coaches.
What to expect as a sponsored Junior JETSURF USA racer?
- lots of fun while learning to ride the world’s most popular motorized surfboard
- new friends for life from the JETSURF community
- the friendly competitive atmosphere during the races
- opportunity to become the 2023 Americas Junior MotoSurf Champion
What are we expecting from you?
- the commitment to participate in all racing events listed in the calendar
- the desire to enjoy the best watersports season of your life!
- the support of your mom/dad (legal guardians) when traveling to the races with you
How come such a cool opportunity exists? Where’s the hitch?
MotoSurfing is a very new and exciting watersports discipline. JETSURF USA, as an industry leader, is committed to growing the sport and raising the next generation of prospective young athletes. Therefore, we came up with such a unique opportunity. There’s only one hitch – the amount of spots for sponsored athletes for the 2023 season is limited to 10 spots.
“But how can I race in the league if I never rode the JETSURF board before?”
Great question! Learning to ride the JETSURF board is very easy, and most of the riders with previous watersports experience can stand up and ride the board in less than 15 minutes.
Furthermore, participating in the JETSURF Junior Training camp will help you to acquire all the skills necessary to compete in your first race – the Pre-season fun race in Orlando. And your JETSURFing skills will grow tremendously fast with every lap on the racetrack.
What about safety?
Safety is our #1 priority. We take multiple measure to make sure that every second spent on the water turn into a safe and smooth experience:
- We are using JETSURF Tubes during the initial stages of the learning process (aka rubber bumper or training wheels)
- We are using the Speed governor on the boards during the initial stages of the learning process
- The athletes are allowed to enter the water only under supervision of the couches
- All athletes will be provided with full-face integral helmets, safety leashes, personal flotation devices, and neck protectors. This is a mandatory safety gear to enter the water.
- All MotoSurf Games races are controlled by UIM race judges
- There’s a Paramedics team onsite during every MotoSurf Games race
CLERMONT WATER SPORT COMPLEX
6010 Cook Road, Clermont, FL 347 14, United States
NO ENTRY FEE
Where to Stay
information will be specified later
Parking is available at the venue for free.
MotoSurf World Cup director:
WhatsApp: +420 723 850 373
Matej Surkos – JETSURF USA
WhatsApp: +1 231 538 7873
Racetrack will be available later
We are currently working on a new MotoSurf track layout for the 2022 Sebring race. In the meantime, check out the track layout from the previous race to get a brief overview of what it’s going to look like.